part of sonic seminars - spring 2012
30/31.03.2012 & 01.04.2012 – Introduction to Audio Programming with SuperCollider, by Miguel Negrão.
This introductory seminar will allow anyone with no previous experience in audio programming to start developing his/her own interactive sound synthesis programs using the SuperCollider programming environment. After a general introduction to the SuperCollider language and architecture, participants will learn to implement fundamental audio synthesis and processing techniques, as well as scheduling events in time and interfacing to the real world using MIDI, OpenSoundControl or the HID protocol.
- General introduction to the supercollider language and environment.
- Synthesis definitions, UGens.
- Audio Synthesis Techniques.
- Control techniques.
- The SuperCollider language: syntax, control structures, object-oriented programming, collections API.
- The SuperCollider server.
- Client-server interaction.
- Server representations in the language: Synths, SynthDefs, Groups, Buses, rates and node ordering.
- Scheduling, tasks, routines.
- Specs, mapping.
- Interfacing with the real world: MIDI, OSC, HID.
- Brief introduction to graphical user interfaces and patterns.
Instructor: Miguel Negrao
Miguel Negrão is a sound artist born in 1981 in Lisbon, Portugal. Under the alias ZLB he has been active with Drone and Ambient music projects. He has presented pieces for the Wave Field Systems of the Game of Life foundation and of TUBerlin, Acousmonium of the GRM and in other concerts in Portugal, Spain , Netherlands and Germany. With a Bachelors in Applied Mathematics, he has recently finished a Masters at the Sonology Institute in the Den Haag Conservatory on the topic of Strategies in diffuse spatialization and is currently a PhD candidate in the field of Spatial Audio at Sonic Arts Research Center in Belfast.
Friday 30.03.2012, 18:00-22.00h.
Saturday 31.03.2012, 11:00–14:00h, 16:00-19:00h
Sunday 01.04.2012, 11:00–14:00h, 16:00-19:00h
Location: Hangar. Passatge del Marquès de Santa Isabel, 40. Barcelona. Metro Poble Nou.
Price: 90€ (or cheaper if you sign up for the whole series)
To sign up or request further information, please send an email to.